The 2020 ERN Conference student travel award will cover the conference registration fee, housing, airfare, and ground transportation.
***For travel award recipients, AAAS staff will process the conference registration and make the hotel arrangements.***
A limited number of travel awards are available for students who are selected for poster or oral presentations at the ERN Conference. (Please check with your advisor to determine if you should apply for a travel award.)
All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the following criteria: (1) academic achievement and (2) STEM career interest. For award finalists, we will contact faculty mentors to verify student GPAs and for an explanation of why travel support cannot be paid from their NSF grant or other sources.
Eligibility for ERN Travel Award
ERN Travel Award applicants:
(A) Must be undergraduate or graduate students who participate in research or education projects funded by one of the following NSF programs*:
- Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP);
- Centers of Research Excellence in Science and Technology (CREST);
- Emerging Frontiers in Research and Innovation (EFRI-REM) Scholars;
- Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI);
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities Undergraduate Program (HBCU-UP);
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) and LSAMP Bridges to the Doctorate;
- National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) Scholars*;
- Research in Disabilities Education (RDE);
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs); and
- Tribal Colleges and Universities Program (TCUP).
(B) Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
(C) Must be accepted to present a poster or oral presentation at the 2020 ERN Conference in STEM.
2020 ERN Conference Information Available Soon